Aston Villa Football Club Car Share Scheme
Terms and Conditions
The Aston Villa Football Club Car Share Scheme provides a car sharing information service with the
aim of enabling Members to make contact with each other for the purpose of sharing their vehicles
thereby reducing the number of single passenger car journeys.
This Agreement applies between Users of this Web Site and the Aston Villa Football Club Car Share
Scheme, and Aston Villa Football Club. Your agreement to comply with, and be bound by, this
Agreement is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site.
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- "Aston Villa Football Club"
- means Aston Villa Football Club Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company Number 3375789 whose registered office is at Villa Park, Birmingham B6 6HE
- "Business Day"
- means every day except a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday.
- means the practice of two or more people sharing a car from one destination to another.
- "Collection Point"
- means the place where a driver and a passenger agree to meet at the start of their journey.
- "Collection Time"
- means the time agreed between a driver and a passenger for collection at the Collection Point.
- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on, or forms part of, this Web Site.
- means a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to drive other Members in a vehicle he or she is lawfully permitted to use.
- means a registered member of the Scheme.
- means a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to be a passenger in the vehicle of another Member who has agreed to be a Driver.
- means the Aston Villa Football Club Car Share Scheme.
- means a person who visits this Web Site on one or more occasions.
- "Web Site"
- means http://www.AVFCCarShare.co.uk
- "Jambusters Limited"
- means the provider of the web-based car sharing facility and information service to "Aston Villa Football Club" via the "web site"
2. Intellectual Property
2.1 All Content of this Web Site is the property of Aston Villa Football Club. By continuing to use
this Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable laws.
2.2 You may not print, reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use Content from this Web Site
without the express permission of Aston Villa Football Club, except where
sub-clause 2.3 below applies.
2.3 Content of this Web Site may be re-used without express permission of Aston Villa Football Club where any of
the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
3. Links to Other Web Sites
3.1 This Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Unless expressly stated, these web sites are not under the
control of Aston Villa Football Club. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for
the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss, injury or damage arising out of
the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another web site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of
the web site itself or of those in control of it.
4. Links to this Web Site
4.1 Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other web sites may do so only to the home page of this Web
Site without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within this Web Site) requires the
express permission of Aston Villa Football Club.
6. Data Protection
6.1 All personal information will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The only personal
details that will be viewed by potential car sharers are forename, gender and where you are
travelling to. The Aston Villa Football Club Car Share Scheme Administrator will have access to the
personal details that you enter, but these will only be used for anonymous statistical analysis and administration
duties. Jambusters Limited will also have access to this information for administration and anonymous statistical analysis purposes, and the
data will be treated confidentially. No personal information will be passed on to third parties.
7.1 Aston Villa Football Club make no warranty or representation that this Web Site will:
- 7.1.1 meet your requirements;
- 7.1.2 be fit for a particular purpose; or
- 7.1.3 be compatible with all systems.
7.2 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when
making any decisions or taking any action of any kind, including participating in the Aston Villa Football Club Car Share Scheme.
7.3 Aston Villa Football Club gives no guarantee that Members will find a compatible Driver or Passenger and as such our inability to
match Members will not be considered reason for compensation.
7.4 Personal security is the responsibility of each individual Member, and Aston Villa Football Club does not accept responsibility
for the actions of the Scheme's Members.
7.5 Members are not vetted in anyway or asked to disclose any criminal convictions spent or unspent.
7.6 No warranty is given whatsoever as to the road worthiness or otherwise of any vehicles.
7.7 No warranty is given as to the validity or otherwise of Members' motor insurance policies
7.8 The information contained in this Web Site is not comprehensive and despite every effort, it may not be accurate, up-to-date
or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. Aston Villa Football Club cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies
or omissions (other than for fraudulent misrepresentation) in this Web Site, and any decisions you make based on information
contained in this Web Site are your sole responsibility.
8. Availability of this Web Site
8.1 This service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis.
8.2 Aston Villa Football Club accepts no liability
whatsoever for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but
not limited to: Internet Service Provider equipment failure; host equipment failure; communications network
failure; power failure; fire; flood; violent storm; pestilence; explosion; malicious damage; armed
conflict; acts of terrorism; nuclear, biological or chemical warfare; natural events; or any other natural or man-made disaster.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Aston Villa Football Club accept no liability whatsoever
for any direct or indirect loss, injury (physical or psychological) or
damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from
the use of this Web Site or from participation in the Scheme. Members should be aware that they use this Web Site
and participate in the Scheme at their own risk.
10.1 Under this Agreement, Drivers shall:
- 10.1.1 hold a full, valid United Kingdom driving licence;
- 10.1.2 hold a valid certificate of insurance for the vehicle concerned;
- 10.1.3 inform their insurance company, and/or any other individual(s) or corporate body/bodies which may have an interest in the vehicle in
question, of their participation in the Scheme, making specific reference to any contribution towards fuel which Drivers are to receive from their Passengers;
- 10.1.4 hold a valid M.O.T certificate for the vehicle concerned; and
- 10.1.5 produce the documentation referred to in 10.1.1, 10.1.2 and 10.1.4 to Passengers on request; and
- 10.1.6 refrain from eating, drinking or smoking whilst in the vehicle concerned
10.2 Under this Agreement, Passengers shall:
- 10.2.1 refrain from eating, drinking or smoking whilst in the vehicle concerned;
- 10.2.2 refrain from distracting or otherwise behaving in a way which compromises the Driver's general
- 10.2.3 make a contribution towards fuel costs at a rate agreed between you, making payment on arrival at
the agreed destination using the correct change.
10.3 Under this Agreement, all Members shall:
- 10.3.1 agree a mutually convenient Collection Point and Collection Time;
- 10.3.2 arrive at the Collection Point at the agreed Collection Time;
- 10.3.3 inform the Driver or Passenger(s) as the case may be of any delay, providing as much notice as is
reasonably possible in all the circumstances;
- 10.3.4 refrain from telephoning other Members during unsociable hours; and
- 10.3.5 be at least 18 years of age.
10.4 Membership is at the discretion of Aston Villa Football Club and no
reason will be given, or correspondence entered into, if an application for membership is refused or cancelled.
10.5 Members may cancel their membership at anytime.
11. No Waiver
11.1 In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right
or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy in the future.
12.1 All notices and communications shall be given to us by e-mail
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received on the day of sending if the e-mail is
received in full on a Business Day and on the next Business Day if the e-mail is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
13. Law and Jurisdiction
13.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England
and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.