Safety Tips for Travelling
When it comes to travelling, every member is responsible for his or her own safety. We recommend that members follow some basic security measures outlined below.
- Never exchange home addresses with supporters before you meet them.
- If initial contact is made via email then exchange telephone numbers (landline and mobile) with your journey partner and finalise arrangements over the phone.
- Always arrange to meet in a public place.
- Tell a friend or family member details of whom you will be travelling with.
- Make sure you telephone to say you have arrived safely at the completion of your journey.
- You are under no obligation to go ahead with any car share journey.
- Make sure you show each other your IDs - season cards, passports, student cards or driving licences - so you know you're travelling with the right person.
- Make sure you let your journey partner know if you cannot make the arranged journey or if you are going to be delayed.
- Always ask for the make, model and colour of the driver's car as well as the registration number. Do not get into the car if these do not correspond to what was provided on the phone.
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving. Park in a safe place before making calls.
- Ensure you know where your car sharing partner is seated at Villa Park and agree an expected time to meet back at the car.
- If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, you should not travel with them.
- If you have any problems please contact us immediately and we will undertake to help in any way that we can.